Warming & Pressure Redistribution Publications
- Intraoperative Core temperature patterns…… in patients warmed with forced air, FAW. Zhuo Sun, MD. Hooman Honar, MD, Daniel Sessler, MD, Jarrod E. Dalton PhD., Dongsheing Yang, M. S. , Krit Panjasawatwong, M. D., Armin F. Deroee, M. D. Vafi Salmasi, M. D. Leif Saager, Dr. Med., Andrea Kurz, M. D. Journal of Anesthesia, February 2015 Review: Largest Patient Warming Study every performed, 45,000 patients were reviewed, 60+% were below 36C after 2 hours
- Intraoperatively Acquired Pressure Ulcers and Perioperative Normothermia: A Look at Relationships, AORN Journal, September 2012
- AORN Journal “Airborne Contamination Discussion, Oct. 2013
- AORN Journal “Another Perspective of FAW and Risk of Surgical Site Infection, March 2014
- SCIP-10 Version 3.2 (PDF requires Adobe Reader.)
- “New Normothermia Measure Heats Up Patient – Temperature Management” (Cantrell, S., March 1, 2012.) – Healthcare Purchasing News.
- “Recommended Practices for Prevention of Unplanned Perioperative Hypothermia” (2010) – Perioperative Standards and Recommended Practices – Association of PeriOperative Register Nurses
- “Reducing Medical Waste” (Connardy, J. RN, MSN, CNOR; Hillanbrand, M. RR, MSN, CNOR; Myers, S. RNMSN, CNOR & Nussbaum, G. F. RN, EdM, Ph.D, CNOR.)
Conductive Warming Effectiveness
- “A Randomized Comparison of Intraoperative PerfecTemp and Forced-Air Warming During Open Abdominal Surgery” – (Egan, C.; Bernstein, E.; Reddy, D. MD; Ali, M. MD; Paul, J. MD; Yang, D. MS & Sessler, D. I. MD.)
- “Warming by resistive heating maintains perioperative normothermia as well as forced air heating” (Matsuzaki, Y.; Matsukawa, T.; Ohki, K.; Yamamoto, Y.; Nakamura, M. & Oshibuchi, T., May 2003) – Br J Anaesth. – 90(5):689-91.
- “The efficacy of carbon-fiber resistive-heating in prevention of core hypothermia during major abdominal surgery” (Hasegawa, K.; Negishi, C.; Nakagawa, F.; Mukai, S. & Ozaki, M.)
- “Resistive-heating and forced-air warming are comparably effective” (Negishi, C.; Hasegawa, K.; Mukai, S.; Nakagawa, F.; Ozaki, M.; Sessler, D . I., June 2003) – Anesth Analg. – 96(6):1683-7
- Hypothermia Better Managed With Underbody Warming Blankets Than Overbody
‘A Smoking Gun’: Infectious Coronavirus Retrieved From Hospital Air: https://nyti.ms/3ahvagg